October 09, 2007

Can it Really Be????????



The alarm went off...5:00 am! I had not seen this hour in many, many months, but here I was, awake. It was the day that I had studied so hard for....CSET Day....just the thought makes me ill! I had been studying for weeks for the test that was sure to be my death. I had been told by many who had gone before me into the rooms of the CSET test that there was no light at the end of the tunnel...it was a death-by-test-taking experience, all the way around. So, I didn't expect much as I prepared for the test. I studied and studied until the day finally came......

September 15, 2007....Highland High School, Bakersfield, CA. The day of reckoning was here...I got my breakfast, my water bottle, my lifesaver candies, and my number 2 pencils and marched off to what was sure to be the end of me....

8:00am...the test is passed out and I decide to start with the English/History/Social Science section. Question after question keeps on taunting me. I popped lifesavers into my mouth to keep the brain alive...it seemed to be working. I answered and answered and answered the never ending questions....will there ever be an end, and this is only the first section!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally I finish the first section...but wait! There are still two more to go...I am certain there is no surviving!!!

By this time it is 9:30am and I decide to move on to the second section...this is my worst enemy...Math/Science...I am convinced they both hate me, but still I persevere. By this time now I am sweating bullets and I am sure I am going to flood the room....I am amazed that the other students are not getting wet...hmmm. This section is killer for sure. I am arguing with it and trying to tell it who's boss....ultimately I prevail and the math and science section cowers under my knowledge!

11:30am now....one and a half hours to go before the end of the test and I still have section three to conquer. I am sure this section should be the easiest so I move forward with confidence...physical education/visual and performing arts/human development...I can do this, right???? I breeze through this section confident that I actually know what I am talking about, and finish with half an hour to spare. I am too tired to go back and review the test...at this point my brain cannot process one more thing and I have given up....I have finished and am ready to leave...someone please get me out of here!!!!!!!

Now with that behind me I wait....the score reports do not come back for a month....

fast forward............

October 9, 2007...The CSET monster haunts my mind...I know the scores will be out any day now. While minding my own business an email is received in my inbox....as I look to see what lovely friend emailed me now, I see it the subject line of the emails ( there are three...one for each section)..."YOUR OFFICIAL CSET SCORE". So this is what happened in my head..."I cannot open them....I have to call someone to come over and read them for me"...."No, I can do it...they are just scores, they won't bite." So, I gather up the courage and click on the first email that contains the results of the first section of the test.....SECTION STATUS.........PASS!!!! With great excitement I click onto the third email (why I didn't go to the second one, I don't know)....SECTION STATUS.....PASS!!!!!!!! I could hardly contain myself and knew for sure that I could not have passed the math/science section because they both hate me, remember??? So, still excited I click on the second email....SECTION STATUS.......PASS!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness I can hardly believe it!!!!! The death-by-test-taking has been conquered!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is cause for serious celebration....NO REALLY....SERIOUS celebration! Any suggestions????:)

4 comments:

caris_05 said...

Yay for Fish!
I'm so happy for you!!
I only wish I could be there to celebrate with you! I would take you to Mexico! Or Longboarding or something fun like that ;)
Yaaayyyyy! You're going to be a great teacher :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Fishy Wish! Hug!
I love you and miss you!!


Cori

MommieKellie said...

Rosa's!!! Major CELEBRATING of this magnitude MUST include our very favorite Mexican restaurant! Tomorrow..... be there! :)
GREAT JOB BABY CAKES!

Anonymous said...

HI! i am going to read your blogs!