December 08, 2007

Being Led by the Trumpet and not the Noise

Too often I choose to make decisions based on the noise and I do not allow myself to be led by the sound of the Trumpet, the very presence of my God. I have been trying to decide where I should live when I move to Lancaster and just been praying about the places I have found. Again tonight I cried out to Him asking Him to really show me where it is that He wants me...I don't want to miss out on the things that He has for me, wherever that is.

Tonight I spent some time sitting before Him and listening to His heart for me. I am still not fully sure where He is leading me, but I know that I am heading in the right direction. I am doing the best I can to be led by the Trumpet and not by the noise that is around me.

In the Old testament the way the children of Israel knew when they were to move was by the presence of the Cloud, the very presence of God. When the Cloud appeared they knew that it was time to start preparing to move, but they did not move until the trumpet sounded. Once the trumpet sounded they knew then it was time to move forward.


I have seen The Cloud, as God, through my circumstances, has shown me that it is time to begin to prepare to move. I have been blessed by a job in Lancaster and have found a church there that I am attending regularly. This, I believe, is the Cloud, the presence of God telling me that it is time to prepare to move.

So now I continue to pray and wait for the Trumpet sound all the while ignoring the noise...

---"When YOU sound the advance, the camps that lie on the east side shall then begin their journey." Numbers 10:5

1 comment:

Extreme Gardner said...

Sometimes the Lord uses mundane questions like, "Do you have a lawn mower?" and "Are you willing to use it?" to answer bigger questions.

I'll keep praying for you to hear the way to go!