December 11, 2007

A Day of Firsts

Today was a day of firsts....

Today was the first day of my middle school teaching career and I survived...amazing! I was not sure if I would come out alive or not, but I made it, and all in one piece. I came into the office where the Lisa, the secretary, had already made a mailbox with my name on it and baked me a little banana bread to welcome me...how sweet! She also set up an email account for me already, man she does not waste any time. She did make me feel very welcome, and for that I am thankful.

My brain was definitely on overload as I observed teacher after teacher. It was all good information for sure. I saw a lot of things that I want to implement in my classroom and I also saw a lot of things that I don't. It was certainly a learning experience. I met a lot of wonderful teachers who are most helpful. I know that I will not be without help if I need it, and that makes me happy.

I am excited about the possibilities that await me at Amargosa Creek Middle School. I never thought I would be teaching middle school, but I think this just might be the blessing I never expected!

--Fishy is excited to meet her new students tomorrow!

No comments: