December 19, 2007

I am Reminded...

A very big decision had to be made today. It was made, but not without a realization of utmost importance.

As I said in a previous blog, I have been trying to find a place to live, trying to decide between a few choices. It has been a very hard decision. It does seem like it would be a no brainer, but I have had a hard time making sure I am doing the right thing. Why has it been so hard? Honestly I don't know. I really think I over think....:)

Right now I am overwhelmed with putting together a classroom, getting ready for Christmas, preparing for my brother to come, and finding a place to live. The later seems to be the icing on the cake. I have so much to think about and making a huge decision such as this just put me over the edge.

So...while I was working in my classroom, knowing the decision had to be made today (the lady from the townhouse complex called yesterday and said she needed a deposit by today if she was to hold the place for me), I began to allow doubt and confusion to creep in.

I took some time and went out to my car to sit and pray. I really needed to hear from the Lord. I knew that I could not make this decision alone. Once again God showed me the importance of running to Him in my time of confusion, not to my friends.

After taking the time to sit and pray I had complete peace. I knew that God was giving me the trumpet sound that I have been praying for. I was reminded again of the importance of asking the Lord about each and every decision.

So, at 5:30 this evening I went and put a deposit on townhouse #36 in the Desert Colony Complex. I suppose that makes it official...and yes, I am actually excited. I am confident that this is the place for me!

No comments: