December 06, 2007

Torn Between the Two

Yesterday I got the chance to visit the place I have called home for the past two years. It was hard for me, though I didn't think it would be. I thought I had moved on and was blooming where I was planted (California City), but I guess that is not the case. I suppose I sort of feel like I was deracinated from the place I loved so very much....but deep down I do know this is where God has sent me.

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY blessed to have been provided a job and a place to live, but I discovered that my heart is still in Murrieta; I am torn between the place I love so much and the place I am now. I just miss it there so much; my church, my apartment, my friends, everything... I know that God has a better plan than I could ever dream up, but sometimes it is hard. I do know that I can trust Him and that He has good plans for me here. I am doing my best (though I am not doing a very good job of it) to make the most of being back here...I know He is still good!

2 comments:

PotBelliedGoddess...or Heather said...

He is still good, you are right about that. It's okay to be sad though about moving on, that's fine. We love you Fish!

your mom said...

me too