December 02, 2007

What's it Worth?

All of my life I have given to those who have needed me. I have done my very best to be the kind of person that would give and give until I had nothing left to give. This simple act has left me full of joy at times and then completely hurt at others. Sometimes I wonder if the joy is worth the hurt. It may sound a bit hypocritical, but I am not at all trying to be. I am simply trying to help you understand that not everything is so black and white.

I am always willing to go the extra mile all the while knowing that in the end, hurt is inevitable. Herein lies the dilemma. Do you sacrifice the joy and laughter as not to experience the pain? I don't have the answer. I do know though, there are times I think the answer is yes, but then the very next moment I would disagree. I have been so very hurt by the people that I love the very most...but would I give that up so all the hurt would disappear? Sometimes I think I would...

No comments: