February 07, 2008

McTeacher's Night


All I can say about this is that I am so VERY glad that I went to college and do not have to work at McDonald's!!!!!

Last Tuesday night our school held McTeacher night at McDonald's on Avenue K. I was the lucky teacher who got to work filling the orders.... no big deal I thought. "How hard can it be?" Famous last words!!!

How was I to know that the ENTIRE city of Lancaster would show up to support our fundraiser? FYI, next time, I will be the wiser!! The place was packed, standing room (but barely) only. I never even got a chance to see any of my friends that came to support my school, because I was so busy that I did not have time to notice!!!! I remember at one point during the night looking at the pending orders on the monitor.... yeah, there were about 53. I was doing a great job.... (Not really)

I do not think I have worked harder and been in more pain ever in my life. By the end of the night my feet and back were so incredibly sore. I had been on my feet WAY too long. The funny thing is, I was looking much better than Mr. Conte, our principal. He looked as if he had just been up for 72 hours and run around the entire state of California twice. Poor guy...:)

All in all I did have fun. I just learned that I never want to work at McDonald's. I have a new found respect for the people that do. Go to college I say!!!!! Save yourself!!!!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

It was fun. You looked very busy.