January 27, 2009

To Do Them All...

Being the very good student that I am, when given an assignment, I do it. So, thanks to Heather, I have an assignment to do. The assignment is to create sort of a bucket list. I am to write down things I would like to do in my lifetime. I will start the list of with the things I wish to do in 2009 and then the rest of the list will be what I have my lifetime to achieve. If you feel so inclined, jump right in and join me and post your list on your blog too!

2009:
  • read 100 books
  • mentor a child in the Big Sister program
  • start a homeless food kitchen through my church
  • teach the struggling readers in my class to read
  • buy a house
  • memorize 100 scriptures
  • see prayer really change lives
  • take a writing class
  • start my Master's degree
  • write blogs that encourage others to walk with Jesus
  • take a Spanish class and learn the language fluently
  • sponsor Compassion Sunday at my church in April
To accomplish over my lifetime:
  • write a book (or two)
  • build Hope House for orphans
  • read all the Newberry Award winner books
  • help a child achieve their dreams
  • become a good cook
  • study EVERY book of the Bible inductively the Kay Arthur way
  • meet Beth Moore and tell her how much she has inspired me
  • spend a month in England
  • learn to play the piano
  • learn to play the guitar
  • become a linguist
  • see my family come to Christ
  • be a part of the rapture of the church (Oh yeah!)
I can't think of anything else right now. I will let you know when I add more. But for now, that should keep me busy enough!

1 comment:

The PotBellied Goddess said...

Yes, you are a very good student! I can't wait to see you acheive all this...way to go!