February 11, 2009

A New Call

I never thought that I would ever do anything else but teach.  I can always remember wanting to teach and finally deciding that I  was actually going to do it.  So, with high school diploma in hand, off to college I went.  I  spent five years learning, studying, and accomplishing all I needed to be the best teacher that I could be, always imagining that I would always teach until the day of retirement.  

This year however, will be the second year in a row that I have gotten laid off.  Though I have not officially gotten my pink slip yet, it is coming.  But there is something different this time; I have a complete sense of peace because I feel like God shown me that teaching in the public school system is not all He has for me.

While I was in Bible College God showed me that there was more to life than what I was doing. Ever since then I have felt like I am to start a group home for foster children.  I have no idea how this will happen, but I am so ready!  I have started to work on the Non-profit organization paperwork and get that ball rolling.  While I get that started I also have in my sights on a piece of property that would make this dream a reality... the only problem is... it costs 3 million dollars! :)  But, I do know that if God wants me to do this, He will make it all happen.  

So, if I do really lose my job, I would like to really focus my energy on making this place a reality! So, keep an eye out for anyone willing to donate 3 million dollars to the cause! :)


1 comment:

The PotBellied Goddess said...

Would you like that 3 million in cash? Or would a check be alright? ;) I wish-I think it's so cool that God has given you a peace-I will earnestly lift this matter up in prayer-how awesome would it be! Wow...