August 06, 2012

I Belong to Him

No matter what else happens in my life, I KNOW that I belong to HIM...and there is no place I would rather be found!

My walk with Jesus has not been easy as I continually fight the battle of self.  I feel like I am in an all-out war...never completely able to obtain the victory.  But God...

But one thing that I have learned this week, more clearly than I have ever learned it before, is that God is constant.  No matter how I have messed up, God never changes.  He pursues me to the uttermost....ALWAYS! He never gives up on me...NEVER! 

Today God asked me to do something more difficult than I have ever done before, something that I knew I needed to do to be able to move forward with Him and find freedom.  I stepped out in obedience, not because there is any ounce of goodness in me, but because I was desperate for Him and knew that I could not continue on without Him.  As I stepped out in obedience and became completely vulnerable before Him, He proved Himself faithful yet again.  He met me there, right in the midst of my vulnerability...completely barren before Him.  He reminded me that He has been there all along, sweetly wooing me back towards Him.

Will the battle cease? No.  Will the paths ahead suddenly become straight? No.  Will I find it easier to follow Him now than I did before? No.  But God...He is bigger than all of the things that try to separate me from Him.  Though the battles rage, the paths become blurred, and the following becomes more difficult, God is still God.  He is fighting for me and not leaving me to be defeated.  He has given me all of the things I need to be victorious...I just have to reach out and take them.   

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness!!!!! Lamentations 3:22-23




No comments: