February 03, 2016

Failure IS an Option

Failure.  It seems inevitable.  We work so hard to juggle the things of life: ministry, jobs, families, careers, appointments, meetings, sports games. But more often than not, we seem to find ourselves discouraged because we can't do it all well.  Well, at least that is the story of my life.

I hate the word failure, but sometimes that is how I feel.  I try my very best to do my very best, but sometimes that does not seem like it is good enough.  I work harder and longer to try to prove that I can do it, but ultimately that leaves me defeated over and over again.

Then I remember Psalm 73:26.  My flesh and my heart may fail, BUT GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  

This verse reminds me that in and of myself I am NOT capable, but GOD is.  My flesh will fail every time.  I have to remember to walk in the Spirit and depend on Him so as not to walk in my flesh. When I choose to let the Spirit work though me, I cannot fail because He is the one working.  But the moment I choose to surrender to my flesh, I become overwhelmed and naturally, I feel the weight of failure.  But I don't have to.

God is always waiting for me to call on Him, always.  In the midst of the work day when kids are out of control or when I am juggling the responsibilities of ministry, God is waiting for my to ask for help.  I am realizing how important it is to keep my focus on Him and not on being overwhelmed.  In those moments I am free to do as He has asked and I no longer feel trapped by being inundated.  I just have to always remember that my flesh WILL fail, but God will NOT!


No comments: